Thursday, March 1, 2012

busy week!

So its been a while. I have been super busy and plagued with more stomach issues! YAY! JR and I decided to just pro-rate the house we are in now until we close on the house. We are hoping to close on the 8th or 9th, so we will just have to see. I wish they could just give us a date. The waiting is driving me crazy.

Last week I spent most of my time either packing or working on my gifts to Nikki, Mila, and Vanessa. I made Nikki and Vanessa some lavender bath salts, lemon body scrub, and some bar soap turned into liquid soap. The soap thing was a battle. I used this really great bar soap that I love, I just hate bar soap. I feel like I have to wash the soap before I actually use it, so I saw this idea on pinterest to turn it into liquid soap. I used one bar and now I have enough liquid soap to send to Africa. Seriously I had to fill coffee cans. But I use it, and I love it! I also tested the body scrub (I used some leftover) and I have to say...you should really use it after you shave. It has some Burt's Bee's body oil in it so if you use it before it can kind of clog up your razor. Apparently this is common knowledge...but since I rarely have time for pampering, I did not know this! Oops.

Friday night we went to the Olive Garden for Vanessa's birthday dinner. I can't believe my baby sister is 23. Ughh - She's so grown up. She is loving her job. She works for the ABC affiliate in San Antonio morning shows. She has to be up at 4am every morning and she is also still watching a little girl named Avery in the afternoons when she gets off work. She gets to meet so many people...yesterday she met an "America's Top Model" contestant and Marsha from the Brady Bunch..How cool! I am so very proud of her.

Saturday I worked on the house, then loaded up the kids to drive to Wimberley where I traded vehicles with my dad.

Sunday, I was on the road by 7:30, I drove to Galveston, had lunch with my nanny then loaded up a day bed (BY MYSELF). I ran inside to wipe down the sweat and get dressed for the baby shower. From there I drove to La Marque to drop off some clothes for Aiden and Mila, and a crib mattress, then drove over to Seabrook for Nikki's baby shower. I have to say the hosts did a great job. It was one of the best baby showers I have been to. I still need to go through my camera and get some pictures up...but haven't had the time. After the baby shower, I jumped in the truck and drove the 3.5 hours home, unloaded the bed, loaded the kids (JR had to go to work), and drove down to Wimberley to exchange cars again. Then I drove home....I was so tired I fell in bed.

For a week now I have been having tummy troubles again. There seems to be a little 24 hour stomach bug going around, and I was really hoping that was what was bothering me, but after 4 days, I had to face the fact that it is my usual problems. Tuesday was by far the worst day. I could barely move. Every inch of my body hurt, and I just didn't think I was going to make it. I didn't take Logan to school for a few reasons... #1 I didn't wake up until 9 (which is when he is supposed to be there) because I didn't go to sleep until 6:30 in the morning. #2 I could have rushed him there and been a little late, but I honestly didn't think I would make it there and back with out a bathroom. #3 I could NOT move. I don't know if I mentioned before that I went to my regular doctor for this same problem a few months ago and was told that it "sounds like IBS" well, I just dont think it is. I may have IBS, but seriously, this is something else because it lasts for weeks at a time. The best way I know to explain it is to imagine that you were vegan or a vegetarian for a year...then decided you were going to start eating meat again....your first meal you gorge on the meat....your stomach is going to cramp up REALLY BADLY and you are going to need a bathroom for a while. That is how I feel, all the time. So, I am looking for a specialist to go to. I feel really malnurished to be honest. I am taking vitamins to help out a little, but it is impossible to finish a meal...sometimes I only eat a third of it...and then I spend the next 4 hours running back and forth to the bathroom. Once things calm down, I realize how hungry I am, so the process starts over. Anyway, enough about my gastric problems...I am just hoping that a specialist can help me out. I feel like IBS is the new ADD...is so easily diagnosed. It's like if you have 3 out of 10 symptoms you must have it! Ughh...just find out what is really wrong with me and lets fix it. I am really looking into Celiac disease. I think I am going to try to do a gluten free diet for about a month and see if there is improvement....that is if the specialist can't figure any thing out either. It may just come down to diet, I don't know, but over the last week I have tried not to eat anything to sugary or too bad. I mean, come on...I didn't even eat cake at the shower and it looked sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good. I did however eat 6 of the meatballs Alexa had...I MUST get the recipe because those were soooo good.

Last night we drove to San Antonio for a Spurs game. My dad and the rest of the coaches and Wimberley Texas were being honored at half time for their State Championship Win. It was really neat, we got to go down on the court. It happened really quickly but it was still neat. The Spurs lost to the Bulls which kind of sucked, but it was still really nice to go to a game. The whole family was there, including Luis (my brother-in-law) and my niece Isabella and Nephew Isaiah. Isabella and Vanessa have the same size foot....ummm, yeah! Think about that! She is so tall, only about a head shorter than Vanessa although, let's e honest - Vanessa is 5'3"...not exactly tall. But Isabella is 9 and she is just so tall and has HUGE feet. She wears a size 7 already...WOW! Isaiah turned 6 in December, and the kid seems to have grown a whole foot since I saw him last (a few weeks ago). He has really sprouted. He used to be about an inch or two taller than Logan and is now nearly a head taller! Granted they are over a year apart, but he has really hit a growth spurt recently! The kids Loved the basketball game. logan really got into it, and Landry was so funny. She just clapped and clapped - didn't matter which team scored...she was happy either way! LOL I will have to get my picture up soon. We really had a great time, but didn't get home until midnight!

That's all for now...have a good one!

No comments: