So there are several things to say today..#1 I know I have broken the rules this week...but I just have to do it ONE more time...first, JR has now lost 80 pounds! WOW! Second, I FINALLY broke 130...granted its only 129.8 but seriously...I finally broke 130 pounds and I am so excited that I am going to share it whether you're tired of hearing about it or not! LOL Only 4.8 pounds to go until my goal weight!
I came across a picture of JR yesterday from our Father's day float...and I couldn't believe my eyes. Unfortunately you will have to go to my face book to see the photo..but until then here are some comparisons.
Here is a photo of JR last year at our annual Mother's Day at the beach
Here are the two of us that same day...
This is JR at the beginning of April
And this is the two of us on April 17 on the ferry coming home from the casino
So I said yesterday I would post my own photos...and I am so very scared to do this...but her goes...
My first Cycle 2 photo (Day 18 of our diet)
My second Cycle 2 photo (taken this morning -Day 69 of our diet)
There isn't much change but oh well - JR doesn't even look like the same guy...its crazy!
So, moving on...Yesterday, Logan and I were playing outside and he slipped on our stairs...my first reaction was to catch him before he tumbled down...so I did, I gripped him up by the arm, and he was literally in the air for a second or two before I got him on his feet. It scared the crap out of me and out of him, but what's worse is that if I had let him fall he probably would have been fine, but I grabbed him up like a big momma bear and I ended up bruising his arm pretty badly...I felt horrible. I still feel horrible, it looks horrible, but he says it doesn't hurt. I tell myself that at least I caught him, I mean maybe he would have been fine if he had fallen, but he was going backwards, and maybe instead of a bruise it would have been a broken arm - I just feel so bad that I - ME - HIS MOTHER - put such a nasty bruise on that poor baby. On top of this, 10 minutes ago, he just tripped and fell on his bike (which is inside the house for some crazy reason) and went across the pedal which has left a lovely scrape down the side of his ribs. I guess he is going to be a clutz like his mother...but geez- people are going to think he is abused!
Landry is learning so much...yesterday after I nearly ripped Logan's arm off - I was hugging him and crying telling him how sorry I was. I just kept saying over and over, "I'm so sorry, I'm so so sorry." All of a sudden Landry starts saying "so sorry" over and over again. HA She picks up on things so quickly. This morning I asked if she and Logan wanted a juice box or milk...and she usually either holds her cup and whines if she wants milk, or she puts her cup down and reaches out towards the refrigerator if she wants a juice box. Today - she said "BOX" woohoo!
Here is link to the beach house we are renting for Mother's Day weekend. I know I said that we talk about it every year...but this year we were actually able to find one that was still available, and enough people that hadn't already booked a room that would make it affordable for all of us. I am really excited...and I am hoping that next year, we can book a really large house in January or something for the annual event and everyone can stay together!
Yesterday evening Logan had T-ball practice...He hasn't played in two weeks due to Easter, so I was a a little concerned - but he was great. He wanted to play, he was excited and will to participate...UNTIL he had to use the restroom...JR was taking him when they passed another family that had gone to Dairy Queen and were all eating fries and hamburgers...when he got back from the bathroom and had to pass them a second time that is all he could think about. He just kept asking us to take him to get a hamburger...after about 5 minutes JR got him back on track with a promise of a hamburger if he could finish practice like a good boy! It worked and we got him that burger directly after. I was a little funny to see all the kids out there after 2 weeks...there were several melt downs by almost all of the kids - but what do you expect, 2 weeks without practice, which is at 6:15 to 7:15 all the kids are hungry and tired, and its right next to a park where they want to play. What shocked me the most was the Coach's son. I have told his mom on several occasions that he is so well behaved..she usually laughs and tells me I haven't seen his tantrum yet. Well I got to yesterday, LOL. He was hitting her and kicking. I tried not to laugh, because I KNOW it isn't funny when it's your kid. Anyway, the coaches on the team are WONDERFUL, they handle each child's little meltdowns with so much patience it is just unreal. Not only the meltdowns, but everything. The head coach is really great with the kids. I really hope Logan can continue to be on his team through the years. Also while at practice, there was a group of older kids practicing behind us...they were probably 11 or 12 - and OH MY GOSH. The coach was calling them "twinkle toes" and "fairy" and yelling so loud...telling one of the kids, "you have to swing the bat earlier" then he grew impatient and said it over and over, and seemed to be getting more angry then he yelled out to the rest of the team that the little fairy couldn't hit a basketball he was so slow. All I could think was...my son will NEVER play for a coach like that...and what in the hell were all those parents doing just watching him interact with their children that way. I was disgusted.
I had some other things...but I can't remember them now and I have to get back to being a mom! So I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
1 comment:
I still cannot believe how much weight JR has lost. He's like a whole new person! Unfortunately, when smaller people lose weight, it's harder to notice a few pounds here or there. What matters is how you feel!
Post a Comment